Boris Johnson has issued a reminder to the public that everyone must continue to respect the lockdown measures if they want to see the restrictions lifted sooner rather than later.
In a video message posted on Twitter the Prime Minister thanked the British people for their continued saying, “Thanks to all I believe we are making progress and passing through the peak.” However, he stressed that we would only be able to move on to the second phase in this conflict if our five tests have been met. The five tests are:-
- The NHS must have sufficient critical care capacity
- There must be a sustained and consistent fall in daily death rates
- The infection rate must be decreasing to “manageable levels”
- There must be enough PPE and adequate testing supplies
- Adjustments must not lead to a second peak which could overwhelm the health service.
Ending his address to the nation, Mr Johnson said “The worsts thing we could do now is to ease up too soon and allow a second peak of the coronavirus. Source: The Evening Standard