The almond cake is easy and quick to prepare. It’s fluffy and moist thanks to the ground almond that gives it also a delicate nutty aroma.
Perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea or a creamy cappuccino this rich almond cake is delicious just as it is with only a dust of icing sugar but you can make it more scrumptious filling it with cream, jam or, why not, Nutella.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:30-40 minutes
- medium eggsat room temperature: 4
- caster sugar: 170grams
- ground almond: 150grams
- plain flour: 220grams
- corn flour: 30grams
- baking powder: 16grams
- sunflower oil: 140grams
- lemon(grated zest): 1
- Sift the flour with corn flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer start beating the eggs with the sugar until fluffy and pale. Add slowly half of the oil and beat at medium speed until combined. Stop the mixer, add all the ground almond and fold it using a rubber spatula.
- Start beating again at low speed adding the flour (sifted previously with baking powder and corn flour) a spoon at a time and the remaining oil.
- Fold in the lemon zest and mix using the spatula.
- Pour the batter in 20/22 cm round tin lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated fan oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool down on a cooling tray then serve dusting the top with icing sugar.