All those french toast vibes in a crêpe for something a little different.
10 Minutes Preparation
20 Minutes Cooking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
130ml Hazelnut Milk (or any other milk)
1tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1tbs Maple Syrup
BAKED APPLES AND HAZELNUTS
Handful of Hazelnuts
Yogurt or Cream
Fresh Pear Slices (Sliced Pear)
M E T H O D
– Preheat the oven to 180c.
– Now, peel and roughly chop two pears and an apple. Add to a saucepan with the maple syrup and water. Place over a medium heat and allow to soften completely.
– Whilst the fruits soften, peel another apple and cut into small bitesize chunks. Place in a baking tray with the sugar and hazelnuts and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
– Next, onto the crêpe mix. In a bowl, mix together the flour and cinnamon. Then whisk in the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk until it’s a smooth runny consistency.
– Once the fruit is softened, blend into a smooth puree, or use a potato masher if you don’t have a blender.
– Place a crêpe pan or frying pan over a medium/low heat and allow to warm. Brush a little oil to the pan to avoid sticking. It only needs to be a thin layer.
– Now, pour the mixture into the centre of the pan and spread around to the edges so you cover the base of the pan and create a nice thin pancake. I do this by picking the pan up and swirling until it coats the pan base, but you can use a crepe spreader too, like at the Parisian stalls.
– Carefully flip the pancake to cook the other side. I use a spatula, but you can be fancy if you like!
– Once the apple and nuts have toasted, remove them from the oven and crush or chop the hazelnuts.
– Place a crepe on a plate and add a scoop of the puree, then fold in half and add a little more puree and fold again. Top with the caramelised apple pieces, crushed hazelnuts and fresh slices of pear and even zingy yogurt or cream.
Thank you to Emma for contributing this recipe and can be found at www.ELFoodielife.co.uk
And also on Instagram @elfoodielife