The carrot, chickpeas, spinach and ginger soup with rice is a healthy and comforting dish. Rich of good ingredients this soup is quick and easy to prepare. The carrot soup is very versatile: you can swap the carrots with sweet potatoes and the chickpeas with beans.
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Servings: 2-4 people
- onionfinely chopped: 1
- fresh ginger*, peeled and grated: 2 centimeter
- carrots, about 4, diced: 300grams
- risotto rice: 100grams
- chickpeas, about a can drained: 250 grams
- frozen spinach, about 4 cubes: 150 grams
- sun dried tomato purèe**, : 1 tbsp
- boiling water: 2liters
- salt, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil: 1tbsp
- Parmesancheese freshly grated to serve
- Heat a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a big pan, add the chopped onion and the ginger and sautè for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced carrots and cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the boiling water making sure to cover the vegetables. Add the tomato purèe and season with salt. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then add the rice and continue to cook for 20minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Five minutes before the end add the chickpeas and the frozen spinach, stir well and finish to cook.
- Serve hot with some grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days and at Instagram https://www.instagram.com/myfoodiedays/