Cheats Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is so easy, you can’t go wrong. Also you won’t need any eggs for this one, making it ‘lockdown’ friendly!
195g plain flour
130g caster sugar
30g cocoa powder
3 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
230ml warm water
6 tablespoons of coconut oil or light veg oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of coconut oil or light veg oil
2 tablespoons of milk
130g icing sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F and line your cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Sift all of your dry ingredients into a bowl and set to one side.
3. Mix your wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Combine both the wet and dry ingredients & stir together until it’s lump free.
5. Pour your mixture into a cake tin.
6. Bake for 30mins.
7. Take out the oven and cool in the tin while you make your chocolatey glaze.
8. Gently heat your oil & milk in a pan, add your icing and cocoa, stirring together until smooth and glossy. Be careful not to overheat, as the icing can quickly burn and it will then become gritty instead of smooth!
9. Once your cake is just warm to the touch, pour your icing over, it will set nicely.
10. Enjoy this one warm!
Recipe writen and tested by Claire Louise Obee