Chicken and Lentils
1 large carrot
1/2 bunch thyme
1/2 bunch sage
2 chicken breasts
1 tin of lentils
1 chicken stock cube
80g creme fraiche
1. Peel and cut your carrot into bitesized chunks.
2. Trim the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek and slice.
3. Halve the chilli, remove the seeds then finely chop.
4. Pick the thyme leaves and roughly chop the sage. Discard the stalks.
5. Heat some oil in a large saucepan, on a medium heat.
6. Add the carrot, leek, chilli, thyme and sage. Season with salt and pepper and cook whilst stirring occasionally, for around 8-9 mins or until the veg has softened.
7. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
8. Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat and cook for around 7-9 minutes on both sides, the chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink in the middle.
9. Whilst the chicken is cooking and once your veggies are soft, drain and rinse your lentils in a sieve and add to the pan with a splash of water, stock powder and creme fraiche. Stir well and bring to the boil, before removing from the heat.
10. Spoon the creamy veggies and lentils onto the centre of your plates and add the chicken on top.W
Recipe written and tested by Claire Louise Obee