It may not be original, but it is very very tasty! Using a sirloin steak and delicious veggies to pack that
Makes 4 Pasties
5 Minutes Preparation Time
40 Minutes Cooking Time
2 Packs of Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
2 Sirloin Steaks
1 Small Turnip
1 Large Potato
1 Egg (Egg Wash)
– Firstly, take the pastry out of the fridge to allow to come up to room temperature.
– Preheat the oven to 180c.
– Peel, slice and dice the onion, turnips, carrots and potato.
– Cut the steak into small bite sized pieces.
– Combine the veggies and steak into a bowl and season well. Plenty of pepper!
– Cut each roll of pastry into 2.
– Add 1/4 of the mixture into the center of the pastry. Repeat with all four pieces of pastry.
– Add greaseproof paper to a large baking sheet. (You may need two)
– Wet one edge of the pastry then fold the pastry over the filling. The water will help the pastry stick
together. You can then crimp the edge to make sure the pasty stays together. Cut off any excess pastry.
– Whisk the egg and using a pastry brush, egg wash the pasties.
– Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days
This recipe is from Emma from ELFoodieLife.co.uk and Instagram @elfoodielife