This creamy courgette and lemon risotto is a tasty and super easy vegetarian dish. Perfect for using the first courgettes in season.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 18-20 mins
Serves; 4 people.
onion finely chopped: 1
fresh ginger* , peeled and grated: 2 centimeter
carrots , about 4, diced: 300grams
risotto rice: 100 grams
chickpeas , about a can drained: 250 grams
frozen spinach , about 4 cubes: 150 grams
sun dried tomato purèe** , : 1 tbsp
boiling water: 2 liters
salt , to taste
extra virgin olive oil: 1 tbsp
Parmesan cheese freshly grated to serve
1. Heat a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a big pan, add the chopped onion and the ginger
and sautè for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the diced carrots and cook on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Pour the boiling water making sure to cover the vegetables. Add the tomato purèe and
season with salt. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Then add the rice and continue to cook for 20minutes or until the rice is cooked.
5. Five minutes before the end add the chickpeas and the frozen spinach, stir well and
finish to cook.
6. Serve hot with some grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days and can be seen at Instagram https://www.instagram.com/myfoodiedays/