Easy Peasy Flat Breads
Ingredients: Makes x2
Tablespoon of Olive Oil
4 tablespoons of Natural Yoghurt
Pinch of Salt
Tip: I’ve tested this with both self raising & plain flour, both work, however if using plain flour add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
1. Put your flour in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, salt and yoghurt and mix.
2. When the mixture comes together use your hands to knead the dough together. If it’s sticky you need to add a little more flour until you can handle the mixture in your hands.
3. Sprinkle some flour on a chopping board.
4. Divide your ball of dough into two balls.
5. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough into your bread shapes.
6. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add some olive oil.
7. Once the pan is hot, add your flat breads. Heat for around 3 mins on each side.
These breads are super easy to make and they are great because you only need a few simple ingredients. You can do so much with them, they have become w staple in our house during lockdown. They’re great for simply dunking in a dip or if you fold them in half as soon as you take them out the pan you can use them as pitta style breads – great if your missing your ‘Friday Night Kabab’ these really tasty stuffed with lamb, rice & salad.
I also like topping them with some melted mozzarella, fresh basil, tomatoes and some fried red onions for a quick lunch.
Recipe written and tasted by Claire Louise Obee
Tried and approved by our Music Director – Tony Obee