Fruity Cous Cous
1/2 Red Onion
Tomatoes (Ideally cherry or plum but any you can get your hands on will work fine)
Splash of olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Pour Cous Cous into a bowl and cook following the packet instructions. I tend to use a handful per person and then boil the kettle and add enough water so it sits around 1-2cm above the Cous Cous.
2. Leave for 5 mins until the water has been absorbed and then use a fork to break it up.
2. Whilst you are waiting for your Cous Cous you can prep your other ingredients.
3. Cut your apple into cubes.
4. Finely chop your onion.
5. Half your tomatoes.
6. Combine the onion and apple with the Cous Cous.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Drizzle over the olive oil.
9. Mix all together and enjoy.
This Cous Cous will last for a few days in the fridge after you’ve initially made it and tastes just as good cold, so my tip is to make a little extra to enjoy for a few days!
Recipe written and cooked by Claire Louise Obee