Fish Finger Sandwich
Prep Time:1 hour
Cook Time:10-15 minutes
- FISH FINGERS
- thick white fish filets, skinless : 500grams
- breadcrumbs: 100grams
- eggs, beaten: 2
- plain flour: 5tbsp
- sunflower oilfor deep frying
- saltto taste
- ground pepperto taste
- TARTARE SAUCE
- mayonnaise: 200grams
- eggs: 3
- capers, finely chopped: 20 grams
- chives, finely chopped: 1tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce: 1/2tsp
- salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste
- TO SERVE
- burger buns: 2
- bistro salad: 1pack
- Put the plain flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper, mix well. Put the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Cut the white fish into strips long about 8-10 cm and 2 cm thick. Roll each strip in the seasoned flour trying to coat evenly the fish.
- Deep each strip into the beaten eggs and then roll them into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and then carefully fry the fish fingers (in batches) for 5-8 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer on kitchen paper to drain and let them down. Meanwhile prepare the tartare sauce.
- Hard boil the eggs then separate the yolks from the whites. Set the whites aside, you won’t need them.
- Put the boiled yolks into a small bowl and crush them using a fork until you have a paste. Add a tbsp of mayonnaise at a time mixing the sauce with a rubber spatula. Once you’ve added all the mayo,add the Worcestershire sauce and mix in the chopped chives and capers then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches: spread the bottom of the buns with some tartare sauce, add few salad leaves and the fish fingers. Add some tartare sauce on the fish fingers and put the other half of the bun on top.
This recipe is from ………… This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days
And at …….