Beetroot, feta and honey is a match made in heaven, so why not have it for brunch?deliciously golden beetroots and what better way to use them than roasting them in honey until soft and caramelised. Then saltiness from the feta and creaminess from the yogurt, made even better with a golden fried egg (It is just as delicious without the egg too!).
1 Large Yellow Beetroot
1tbs Olive Oil
2 Large Potatoes
2 Spring Onions
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Next peel the beetroot and then chop into small bite-sized chunks. Add to a roasting tray and drizzle over the honey and oil. Stir to coat the beetroot and then place in the oven to roast for 40 minutes.
- Now, peel and grate the potatoes. Add them to a colander and rinse through with water until the water runs clear. Once it is clear, squeeze and drain the potato.
- Add them to a large bowl with one egg and the flour. Slice the spring onions finely and add to the mix. Don’t be afraid to use all of the spring onion (except the end). Mix it all together until in combines.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Take a handful of the mix and using your hands, mould into a burger shape. Add to the frying pan and allow to fry until golden brown, then flip. This will take around 10 minutes. Once browned, add to the oven to cook through.
- Now to make the lemon yogurt dressing. Simply grate the lemon into the yogurt and stir through. Yep, that’s it.
- Once the beetroot has a lovely colour, take it out of the oven and mix around the pan to collect all the lovely honey and help coat the beetroot.
- Add the hash browns to a plate and top with roasted beetroot, chunks of salty feta and a drizzle of the yogurt. Top it with a fried egg (optional, it’s delicious without too)
This recipe is from Emma from ELFoodieLife And can be found at www.elfoodielife.co.uk