Hot and tingly Thai soup with thin slices of raw beef which then lightly cook in the hot broth.
This recipe serves 4
Minutes Preparation Time 20 Minutes Cooking Time
1 Garlic Clove
2 Inch Ginger
1/2tsp Chilli Flakes
1 Lemongrass Stalk
1tbs Palm Sugar (or Brown)
1/2 Lime (Juice)
1/2tbs Fish Sauce
1 Yellow Pepper
250g Beef (Thinly Sliced)
150ml Coconut Milk
– Start by setting a heavy bottomed pan to a medium heat. I like to use my cast iron pot.
– Thinly slice the onion and cut the pepper into bitesized chunks.
– Grab the lemongrass and bash until broken. Then thinly slice the ginger and garlic.
– Into the pan, add a little oil and add the onions. Once they are lightly brown, add the garlic, lemongrass and ginger.
– Pour in the broth and coconut milk and bring to a low simmer. Then add the chilli flakes, sugar, lime and fish sauce.
– Now, add the pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
– After 10 minutes add the beansprouts.
– Thinly slice the beef.
– Serve the soup and top with the thin slices of raw beef. They will slowly cook in the hot broth. Top with fresh lime and coriander.
This recipe is from Emma from ELFoodieLife And can be found at www.elfoodielife.co.uk