Lemony Prawny Pasta
200g Pasta of choice
1 Garlic Clove
150g Creme Fraiche
1 Handful or Flat Leaf Parsley
100ml Vegetable Stock
150g King Prawns
Drizzle of Olive Oil
1. Put a large saucepan of water onto boil on a high heat, add a pinch of salt.
2. Once the water is boiling add your pasta and cook for 12-15 minutes.
3. Once cooked, drain the pasta and put back in the pan adding some olive oil to stop the pasta sticking together. Put the pasta to one side.
3. Zest and quarter your lemon.
4. Press your garlic.
5. Roughy chop your parsley.
6. Chop your courgette.
7. Heat a large frying pan on a high heat with a splash of oil.
8. Add the courgette to the hot pan and cook for 4-5 mins until it starts to go golden.
9. Add your garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
10. Meanwhile, dissolve your vegetable stock into 100ml boiling water.
11. Reduce the heat of the pan and add the creme fraiche and vegetable stock.
12. Stir together and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
13. Bring the pan to a simmer and cook for around 4-5 mins or until the sauce has thickened.
14. Add your prawns to the pan and continue to simmer for around 5 mins, until the prawns have turned pink and cooked through.
15. Add the pasta into the pan, season with some salt and pepper, add a squeeze of lemon juice.
16. Plate up, sprinkle some of your lemon zest and chopped parsley to finish.
Recipe written and tested by Claire Louise Obee