Pea & Ham Soup
An easy-peasy supper or lunch! AND its dairyfree
Ready in 20 minutes super easy peasy (excuse the pun)
I N G R E D I E N T S
3 Garlic Cloves
400g Frozen Peas
Chicken or Ham Stock
Mixed Seeds (Optional)
Vegan Friendly Cream (Optional)
M E T H O D
- Start by setting a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Slice the onions and fry in a little oil. Be
careful not to burn the onions.
- Whilst they fry, thinly slice the garlic and add to the onions.
- Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Slice the courgettes and add to the pan.
- Cook until it begins to soften (around 5 minutes)
- Next, add the frozen peas and add enough stock to reach the top of the vegetables. Cook for 8-10
minutes. You don’t want to cook it for too long as the peas will lose their beautiful colour and freshness.
- Take out a handful of peas to add to the soup later.
- Season well and blend.Serve and top with shredded ham and the whole peas.
Vegan- Change the chicken stock for vegetable stock and leave out the ham!
Thank you to Emma for contributing this recipe and can be found at www.ELFoodielife.co.uk
And also on Instagram @elfoodielife