Posh fish and chips (well…mash!)
Two fillets of cod
4 large potato’s
Large bunch of spring greens
10 g of cheddar cheese (grated)
Handful of breadcrumbs
Small bunch of parsley
2 spring onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Boil a large pan of water.
3. Roughly chop the parsley.
4. Trim and thinly slice the spring onions.
5. Zest and quarter the lemon.
6. Don’t worry about peeling the potatoes, just chop into chunks.
7. Add the potatoes to the boiling pan of water along with a pinch of salt, leave to bubble until cooked. They’re cooked when you can easily prick them with a fork and should take around 15-20 minutes.
8. Add your spring greens to the pan for the final 3 mins.
9. When your potatoes are boiling you can prep the crust for your cod.
10. Put the breadcrumbs, olive oil, half your cheese, half your flat leaf parsley and all your lemon zest in a small bowl and mix until combined.
11. Line a baking tray and season your cod with salt and pepper.
12. Spread your mayonnaise on the top side of the cod fillets.
13. Now you can pat on your breadcrumb mixture, making sure it’s stuck well to the cod.
14. Make sure to wash your hands after touching the raw cod.
15. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on the middle shelf of your oven until the cod is white and the breadcrumbs are golden.
16. Whilst the cod is roasting in the oven you can prepare your spring green mash.
17. Drain the potatoes and the spring greens and return them to the pan.
18. Add a little bit of butter and a splash of milk or cream if you’re feeling extra indulgent and mash your potatoes and spring greens until combined.
19. Season with salt and pepper and add the rest of your flat leaf parsley and cheese stir everything together.
20. Divide your mash between the plates, remove the cod from the oven and place on top of the mash. Serve with a wedge of lemon and a big dollop of mayonnaise.