Prep Time:30 minutes
- Carnaroli rice: 350grams
- vegetable stock: 1/1,5litre
- ground saffron: 2sachet
- white winedry : 1/2 glass
- onionfinely chopped: 1
- unsalted butter: 120grams
- Grana Padano cheesefreshly grated
- saffron stamens(a pinch)
- Melt 50 grams of butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the chopped onion and cook over a low heat until softened.
- Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes until it looks transparent. Pour the wine, let the alcohol evaporate then start adding the hot vegetable stock a ladle at a time stirring often. Do not add another ladle of stock until the previous one has been absorbed.After 10 minutes dissolve the ground saffron in a ladle of stock and add it to the rice.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 18-20 minutes until the rice is tender. At the end the risotto must be creamy, not dry.Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the remaining butter and the cheese, stir until well combined. Put the lid on for a couple of minutes then serve with some saffron stamens on top.
This recipe from Elisa of My foodie days
This recipe can be found at Instagram https://www.instagram.com/myfoodiedays/