Something about flaky pastry just makes me happy. Even the fact that as soon as you bite into it, it crumbles EVERYWHERE.
Makes 6 BIG sausage rolls
SUPER EASY SUPER SPEEDY
Emmas little tips
You can store in your fridge for a couple of days and simple reheat in the oven for 10 minutes, or eat it cold, + can’t find sausage meat? simply buy our favourite sausages and remove the meat from the casing!
300g Sausage meat
1 Roll Puff Pastry
Handful Sage Leaves (Chopped)
1tbs Onion Chutney
– Preheat the oven to 200c fan.
– Mix the sausage meat, sage and onion chutney in a bowl.
– Grab your pastry and unravel.
– Making sure you leave a couple of centimetres from the edge, add the sausage meat mix in one long sausage. I have the meat quite thick here, you could make it smaller for more mini rolls.
– Whisk the egg in a bowl, and brush the edge of the pastry to help seal it all together.
– Grab the pastry and fold it over the meat and gently press down on the sealed edge.
– Slice off any excess pastry.
– Measure and slice the sausage roll into individual portions. I went for 6 big ones, but you could do 12 mini ones instead.
– Egg wash the rolls and add a sage leaf to be fancy.
– Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days