SPELT SALAD WITH COURGETTE, SHRIMPS AND CHERRY TOMATOES
Spelt salad with courgette, shrimps and cherry tomatoes is healthy and light dish. It’s the perfect lunch idea for warm summer days. Quick and ea
Only 4 ingredients: spelt, but you can use barley too,courgette, frozen shrimps and cherry tomatoes. All dressed with a light citronette.
- Cook the spelt following the instruction on the pack. It could takes between 10 to 40 minutes, it depends on the type of spelt you buy. (I cooked mine in salted boiling water for 10 minutes.) Once cooked drain it and let it cool down.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add the garlic (whole or chopped, as you prefer) and the cubed courgette and stir fry on high heat for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper at the end to keep the veggies crunchy.
- Cook the shrimps in boiling water (NO SALT) for 2-3 minutes, drain and let cool down.
- Put spelt, cherry tomatoes, courgette and shrimps in a big bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowlmix the juice of the lemon (filtered), 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and use to dress the salad
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves.