Sticky sweet chilli beef served with a refreshing pickled cucumber.
15 Minutes Preparation
15 Minutes Cooking
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Sirloin Steak (approx 250g)
3 Spring Onions
1 Red Pepper
6 Green Beans
2 Garlic Cloves
4tbs Groundnut Oil (for frying beef)
1tbs Chilli Flakes
1tsp Chilli Sauce (Optional)
1tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
2tbs Soy Sauce
1/2 Beef Stock Cube
2tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
1tsp Chilli Flakes
1tsp Sesame Seeds
1tsp Sesame Oil
M E T H O D
– Firstly, prepare the cucumber by slicing using a peeler. Add to a bowl with the ingredients and toss. Leave in the fridge until you need it.
– Next, start by thinly slicing the steak
– Now, prepare the vegetables.
Peel and slice the carrots and garlic.
Slice the red pepper.
Chop the green beans
Slice the ginger into thin strips
Slice the onion
– Next, grab two bowls and a plate. Whisk the egg in one bowl and add the cornflour to the other and have the plate to hand
– Add all of the steak to the egg mix and, one by one remove them and dip them into the cornflour, then lay onto the plate.
– Once all of the steak has been coated, add the wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and add the beef strips in small batches. They will become crispier is they are not crowded. Fry for 30 seconds on each side and remove and place onto the plate with kitchen roll.
– Now, add the vegetables to the wok and stir fry for 5 minutes.
– Sprinkle in the chilli flakes.
– Squeeze the lime juice into the pan, along with the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sugar and chilli sauce. Toss around the vegetables.
– Sprinkle in the beef stock and add 50ml water.
– In a small bowl, add 1/2 tsp cornflour and 1tsp water and mix. Then add to the wok, stirring through.
– Now, add the beef back into the wok and stir fry together, making sure the sauce coats the beef.
– Serve with egg fried rice and pickled cucumber
This recipe and many others can be found on our website… HCRFM.CO.UK, go to the site and click on RECIPES.
Thank you to Emma for contributing this recipe and can be found at www.ELFoodielife.co.uk And also on Instagram @elfoodielife