These tahini chocolate chunks cookies are scrumptious andthe sesame gives them a divine aroma.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:12-15 minutes
Passive Time:4 hours
tahini, well stirred: 120 milliters
unsalted butter, at room temperature: 115 grams
granulated sugar: 100grams
light brown sugar: 90grams
eggs, big at room temperature: 1
yolks, big at room temperature: 1
plain flour: 150grams
bicarbonate of soda: 4grams
sea salt: 1teaspoon
dark chocolate, cut into chunks: 200 grams
walnutskernels, cut into chunks: 80 grams
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter, tahini, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides with a spatula, add the egg and the yolk and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl sift the flour with bicarbonate and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the mixer bowl and mix until well blended; do not over mix otherwise the cookies will be tough.
- Add the chocolate and the walnuts and mix using a spatula. Transfer the dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After the resting time preheat the oven at 160°C. Using your hands (or an ice cream scoop) form the cookies into rounds, 3,5 cm for small cookies or 5 cm for larger cookies.Place them evenly spaced on baking trays lined with parchment papers 8 cm apart.Bake one tray at a time about: 12 minutes for small cookies or about 15 minutes for larger cookies, but always keep an eye on them and turn the tray in the oven midway during baking. They are ready when the edges are golden brown but the centre is still pale.
This recipe is from ………… This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days
also on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/myfoodiedays/