Tea Infused Cupcakes
These tea infused cupcakes are perfect for every occasion. They are great with different teas: you can use flavoured black tea or earl grey tea, even herbal tea.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Passive Time: 60minutes
Servings: 12-16 cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES
coconut and rose black tea: 3teabags
just-boiled water: 5tbsp
unsalted buttersoftened: 80grams
plain flour: 240grams
caster sugar: 280grams
whole milkat room temperature: 200 milliliters
medium eggs: 2
egg yolkmedium: 1
baking powder: 10grams
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM
icing sugarsifted: 400 grams
buttersoftened: 200 grams
whole milkwarm: 50 milliliters
dried rose budsedible
Now for the method :
- Put the 3 teabags in a very small bowl (I used an espresso cup) and add the boiled water. Leave to brew for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- In the meanwhile sift the flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Put butter, sugar and sifted flour (with baking and salt) in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Put the eggs and the yolk into a jug with the milk, whisk a little just to break the eggs. Add the brewed tea squeezing well the teabags. Don’t throw them away but place them aside for the buttercream.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake cases and bake into the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Once cooked leave the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool down.
- Put the used teabags into the warm milk and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Start beating the butter with the sifted icing sugar using an electric mixer until well combined, then add the tea infused milk (squeeze very well the teabags) and continue mixing until you have a light and fluffy butter cream.
- Transfer the buttercream into a piping bag with a star nozzle and decorate the cupcakes.
This recipe is from ………… This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days