Venere rice, also known as black Venus rice, is a whole-grain rice born in 1997 in Vercelli
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:50 minutes
- Venere rice: 320grams
- salmonfillet, skin removed: 350grams
- courgettes, medium: 2
- garlic: 1clove
- lemon, the grated zest: 1
- salt, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- sesame seeds: 1/2tsp
- nigella seeds: 1/2tsp
- fresh parsley, finely chopped: 1tbsp
- Boil the rice in salted boiling water for 40 minutes, drain well and mix with a tbsp of oil. Let it cool down.
- Cut the courgettes into small dices (about 4 mm). Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan with the clove of garlic, stir fry the courgette dices for a couple of minutes on high heat keeping them crunchy. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut the salmon into 1.5 cm cubes and cook it in a pan with a little oil just for a couple of minutes.
- Put the rice, salmon and courgettes in a big salad bowl, drizzle with oil and add the grated lemon zest. Mix well and serve sprinkling the sesame seeds and the nigella seeds on each plate and some chopped parsley.
This recipe is from ………… This recipe is from Elisa of My foodie days